IN her Musings column in The Star yesterday, Marina Mahathir called for a “End Stupid Statements” campaign. Rather interesting, I thought, and also very apt given the stupidity of our (former, current and aspiring) politicians. To kickstart this campaign — at least in the corner of my little mind — I decided to list some statements, in no particular order, which I found highly amusing. Does anybody want to add on?
1. JUST A WIFE*
“I am just the wife of the NFC chairman…”
– Women, Family and Community Development minister and Wanita UMNO chief Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil trying her darndest to distance herself from the NFC feedlot scandal
*(note: can be sung to the tune of No Doubt’s ‘I’m Just A Girl’).
2. SAVING FOR A DIAMOND RING
‘Beli sendiri guna duit menabung dari kecil…’
– Self-proclaimed FLOM and wife of PM Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor on where she got the money to splurge on the US24.5 million 30-carat diamond ring from Jacobs & Co. Fine Jewellers New York as mentioned in Utusan Malaysia.
3. UPPING THE BABY DUMPING
‘Seksualiti Merdeka festival could lead to more baby dumping cases in the future..’
– Caught-in-khalwat Kinabatangan MP Bung Mokhtar Radin connecting the dots between the sexual rights movement and social ills. Guess he never learned from his ‘bocor’ statement.
4. DON’T TALK SHIT
“If they say that ‘oh we feel that we are second class citizen’, don’t talk shit I tell you. Don’t talk shit.. I I I I I I I I I I I I I repeat, don’t talk shit. We the Malays have forgive a lot of things to this people. We have sacrifice a lot of our interest.”
– Perkasa chief and national head clown Datuk Ibrahim Ali in an interview with Al Jazeera on the place of non-Malays in Malaysia.
5. STARTING A HOLY WAR
“Please record my words — if there is any party in Penang, especially the Christian priests who are being backed by the Penang DAP, should continue with their agenda which we already know, I would like to offer that if they want to hold a crusade, we can. This is in the spirit of Sultan Saladin Ayubi… if they want to fight a crusade, we can.”
– Datuk Ibrahim Ali (same clown, different shit) threatening to wage a holy war on Christians if they continue on their agenda to usurp Islam.